Current Movie: Halloween Movie Fest – Cancelled
About This MovieToggle
Unfortunately, the Halloween Movie Fest didn’t reach the tipping point so the Fest is a no-go. We’ll try again next year.
Three Halloween favorites in one night! You voted for:
- Poltergeist – 4:00PM
- The Shining – 6:30PM
- Evil Dead 2 – 9:30PM
We’re starting at 4:00 and going until about 11:00. We’ll have beer & wine, standard concessions, and dinner offerings as well. Bring your iron butt and a costume; we’re going to be doing a lot of movie watching! Here’s more about the movies:
While living an an average family house in a pleasant neighborhood, the youngest daughter of the Freeling family, Carol Anne, seems to be connecting with the supernatural through a dead channel on the television. It is not for long when the mysterious beings enter the house’s walls. At first seeming like harmless ghosts, they play tricks and amuse the family, but they take a nasty turn- they horrify the family to death with angry trees and murderous dolls, and finally abduct Carol Anne into her bedroom closet, which seems like the entrance to the other side.
A man, his son and wife become the winter caretakers of an isolated hotel where Danny, the son, sees disturbing visions of the hotel’s past using a telepathic gift known as “The Shining”. The father, Jack Torrance, is underway in a writing project when he slowly slips into insanity as a result of cabin fever and former guests of the hotel’s ghosts. After being convinced by a waiter’s ghost to “correct” the family, Jack goes completely insane. The only thing that can save Danny and his mother is “The Shining”.
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
A young man, named Ash, takes his girlfriend Linda to a secluded cabin in the woods where he plays back a professor’s tape recorded recitation of passages from the Book of the Dead. The spell calls up an evil force from the woods which turns Linda into a monstrous Deadite, and threatens to do the same to Ash. When the professor’s daughter and her entourage show up at the cabin, the night turns into a non-stop, grotesquely comic battle with chainsaw and shotgun on one side, demon horde and flying eyeball on the other.
Summaries from IMDB.
Venue: Egyptian TheatreToggle
- Beer & wine
- Dinner options
- Costumes encouraged
Fine Print:Quick Q&A:
- Can I buy tickets to one movie? or two?
- Yep. Individual movie tickets are $9 each. An "All Festival" ticket is only $20, though. So if you're going to get tickets to two, you may want to pitch in another $2 and come to all three!
- What if only one movie tips?
- It doesn't work that way this time. The whole festival tips, or it nothing tips. All ticket purchasesFestival go toward tipping the festival, not an individual movie. So, if you buy tickets to two movies, that counts as two toward the tip. If you get an All Festival ticket, that counts as three toward the tip. So, 400 seats of any kind tips it!
- What's all this "tip" nonsense about, anyway?
- We don't build it 'til you come. BCM is a group-buying event, so we don't run your card until we sell a "tipping point" of tickets (in this case, 400). Still confused? See if this helps.